(something to consider when rooting against the “cheating” Patriots)
Here’s some interesting things to consider when watching Championship Sunday:
1. Can the Packers win with zero healthy WRs?- The packers WR core is decimated with injury. Nelson is not suiting up for the second week in a row, Davante Adams and Geronimo Allison were both limited or DNPs at practice this week, which leaves only Randall Cobb as a viable threat for Rodgers at the WR position. They will need to be creative with Montgomery and Cook this week in order to pull off the upset on the road in ATL.
2. Will Bennett feast vs the Steelers?- The Patriots offense looked subpar at best vs a very stingy Houston defense. The Steelers are very talented up front but lack the secondary that Houston has. Gronk has typically demolished the Steelers zone coverage schemes in the past. Gronk has 8 TDs and averages almost 100 yards a game in 5 career games vs the Steelers. Can Martellus Bennett come close to this type of production? If so, I like the Patriots chances this weekend.
3. Falcons D containing Aaron Rodgers- What Rodgers is doing, is nothing short of historic. He is putting up ungodly numbers and almost singlehandedly won the game in Dallas last week. The Falcons D was dominant vs Seattle and Russell Wilson last week. Playing at home, in the last game ever at the Georgia Dome, this defense has an opportunity to show the world that they can play.
4. Can Pittsburgh turnover Brady enough to win in Gillette?- Brady has been good for a turnover a game in the playoffs during his hall of fame career. One turnover will not be enough as it has not been enough for other team in the past (New England is 6-3 when Brady only throws one interception in a playoff game). If they can turn him over more than once, they may be able to keep the Patriots under 30 and have a chance.
5. What will the dumb conspiracy be this year?- Pittsburgh has the flu right now, odds are, someone blames the Patriots for biological warfare this week. Just the way it always goes. Last time the Steelers came to Foxboro, they complained that they were getting the radio broadcast in their headsets (sup zo!). Let’s see what ridiculous excuse the NFL decides to believe is the key to the Patriots success this year!
@fozberry64 on twitter